Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Kitchen assembly...done!

I had decided months ago that Lauren's big gift for her first Christmas would be a kitchen. We had some ideas in mind...we knew we wanted wood, we wanted it to spark her creativity without a lot of bells and whistles, and we wanted it to be super fun and played with a lot. On top of that, we wanted it to look good so it could have a place in our family room/kitchen area without sticking out like a sore thumb.

After toy store shopping and LOTS of internet shopping, I ordered the Little Tikes Deluxe Wooden Kitchen and Laundry Center. Joe put it together yesterday and I LOVE it! It's totally solid and the colors fit perfectly in our house. It looks SO much better than most of the plastic kitchens we looked at.

Joe said the assembly went very smoothly, although it did take about 3.5 hours to put together. There were no missing parts and no damaged pieces. We unpacked it together and I put all the parts in alphabetical order so he could easily find the pieces as he needed them. My mom and I took Lauren out to a few stores and by the time we got back he was done.



The laundry center is adorable with the little washer, iron and laundry basket...


On most wooden kitchens the oven door hinges open on the side, but on this one it's hinged on the bottom to open like a real oven. The image on the oven door is cute. From one angle, the muffins just went in...


and from another angle, they are popped up and ready...


There's even a little cell phone and chalk board message center...


Okay, did I say that I LOVE this kitchen? Oh yeah, I did! I'm SO excited to see her face on Christmas morning when she sees this sitting next to the tree. Have I told you how many years I've dreamed of this...our first Christmas with our daughter? Let's just say LOTS of years and I'm going to enjoy every moment!

19 comments:

Ladybugsmom said...

Donna love it and omg thanks we have been on the fence witht his kitchen..I loved it but just didn't know...SOLD we will be getting it over Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Good heavens - you are PREPARED! Kudos to Joe on the assembly. So ver happy for you on your first Christmas!

Kim said...

OMW.... I LOVE IT...
That is the cutest..
Great choice..
I will have to remember this..
I sooo cannot wait to see her face...
Have a Great Thanksgiving...

Lindy D. said...

What a beautiful kitchen set. Love the quality and the colors. Lauren will enjoy it for many years to come.

You are so organized! And aren't you lucky to have such a handy husband! BTW, now that it is assembled, where will you hide it until Christmas?

Anne said...

That is awesome! Elizabeth has a little kitchen, but nowhere near as cool as this one! Enjoy your first Christmas with your sweetie.:)

Jen said...

Love it!!!! :0)

Jodee said...

What a great kitchen! It is going to be a big hit on Christmas morning!

Diane and John said...

Love it!! We purchased a kitchen set for Julia for Christmas as well....it is going to be an awesome Christmas!!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

This is the coolest kitchen set I've ever seen!

Happy First Christmas!

Donna said...

My kitchen should be so functional and cute (and clean!)

:)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

sierrasmom said...

Sierra received a hand me down but great kitchen when we got home. She loves it!!! It came with a ton of foods and pots and pans and she loves making us dinners!!!

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

I stumbled across your blog through another adoption blog and just had to say hi. I also watched your video and I had chills and tears in my eyes. We also traveled in January 09 to bring home our daughter. We are both so close to our 1 year gotcha day anniversary. I want to put together a video like yours to celebrate that glorious day. Nice to meet you...glad I stumbled upon your blog. Oh by the way...that kitchen is so stinkin cute. We bought a kitchen for Halainah for her 2nd birthday but it is not nearly as cute as yours.
Many Blessings,
Deanna

Carolin said...

What an awesome kitchen!!! looks like lots and lots of fun!

Amy said...

That is a great kitchen. I didn't know that Little Tikes made wooden ones. The one that Emily had was plastic. I'm so happy that you are going to be celebrating your first Christmas with Lauren! She is going to love this. Putting it in the family room/kitchen area will mean that it will get used a lot more than if it was in her bedroom.

Scott and Kim said...

How adorable!! Lauren will love playing with her kitchen set! Enjoy the holidays!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Great kitchen!! AA loves hers!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Almost 15 Months!

the mommy said...

Donna we have this same kitchen for Sophia. I love it, she loves it, it is GREAT and fits in so well in the house. Great quality and you are right bout it sparking their imagination without a lot of bels and whistles..GREAT Choice. The first thing Riz said how long did it take Joe to put it together. Riz Put Sophia's together last Christmas Eve took him 4 hours...LOL

the mommy said...

I m sure I pics on my blog somwhere go check it out..

:)

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

it's adorable! loove the laundry center...maybe next year...hehe! she will have soo many hours of fun!