Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine’s Décor and Girl Scouts

I haven’t posted here in a long while.  It’s been since mid-November, but it certainly doesn’t seem that long ago.  The months are flying by in a blur these days!

I wanted to share a couple of Valentine’s projects I copy crafted from Pinterest.  Don’t you just love Pinterest?  I do, I’m sorta addicted.  Sometimes copy crafts don’t turn out at all like the originals, but I’m thinking this time they turned out almost just as cute. 

My Blue Heart Bunting is a copy of this one. 

Blue Heart Bunting

It’s hard to see the contrasting stitches in the above pic, but you can see it below and I think it adds a nice touch.  The felt hearts I just sewed on with a stitched X. 

IMG_4921

My Burlap & Hearts wreath is a copy of this adorable argyle yarn and hearts wreath.  I originally started with yarn, but it just wasn’t working on the straw wreath form I was using.  I realized I had some left-over burlap from a fall bunting so I cut that into strips and wrapped it around the wreath form.  I pulled out burlap “threads” from one of the strips to tie the hearts on.  I’m loving the aqua blue and red color combo.  Oh, and I also added a felt flower…I just happened to have a button in the right color, so things just came together on this one!

Burlap and Hearts

For this Hugs & Kisses sign, I just used wooden letters from Michaels, painted the edges blue, and covered them in scrapbook paper with some glittery stripes on it.  I painted the edges of a wooden board in red, covered it with scrapbook paper leaving a border and then attached the letters using pop dots to add some dimension. 

Hugs and Kisses

I knew when Lauren started kindergarten I also wanted to get her started in scouting.  Now I’m a Daisy Girl Scout troop leader for this school year and we have a troop of 8 kindergarteners and first graders.  They are a great bunch of girls and totally adorable in their little Daisy vests.  We are right in thick of cookie season right now, and I wanted an activity to help the girls learn the different types of cookies.  I remembered seeing a blog post at one point suggesting a game of Twister, so I created the game below complete with a spinner.

IMG_4938

The girls had a lot of fun trying to find all the cookies and keep their balance while tied up like a pretzel!  If you’re local and selling these types of cookies, email me at the link in my right sidebar if you would like JPEG’s of the spinner/arrow or cookie images.  I would be happy to share. Smile

IMG_4930IMG_4932

33 comments:

Susan said...

I bet you're an awesome daisy scout leader! Love the twister cookie idea.

Lindy D. said...

You are so crafty!! I'm sure you are a great Daisy leader. Such a nice mother and daughter activity. I love Girl Scouting.

Lori said...

Thanks Janice for stopping by my blog and for the kind words!!

Ellen said...

Our Daisy troop in NY would love to try your cookie twister game! If you could share the file that would be awesome. Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen, if you email me at suzieq1@cox.net, I'll reply back with the twister files.

Donna :)

Anonymous said...

I would like copy of twister files please. Ktsnane@comcast.net

Sabrina said...

I would love to have a copy of this for my troop, please. Derricknsabrina@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I would love this! tmketty0605@aol.com please and thank you.

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of the twister files for our Brownie meeting. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.



lorimillsaps@cox.net

Rebecca said...

I would love a copy of the twister files for our Daisy meeting. Thanks so much for sharing!!! rebecca.hiegel@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Would love to use this with my troop in Maine. Thanks for sharing. Evansdorothy5@gmail.com

Unknown said...

This is awesome on so many levels. I am hoping you still have the jpegs from this activity. I know it is an older post but I think I could change it and make it work. I hope to hear from you soon!

Secret Agent Tran said...

I would love to do this with my troop my email is aktran4@gmail.com, thanks so much!

My Peach Pear Plum said...

Would it be possible to get a copy of the printables for the twister game please. missjenno1@yahoo.com thank you

Jodelle said...

I would love a copy of the Cookie Twister for my troop Please? ejjjjsparks@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Unknown said...

This looks super fun! And these are our cookies over in San Francisco. I would love a copy of spinner. Chunleeo@yahoo.com

coddingtoncrew said...

I would love a copy too! amber0626coddington@gmail.com

HP said...

I would love a copy! Thanks!

daisyhuggs@yahoo.com

Pam said...

Are you still emailing copies of your cookie twister. I need to remake one I did years ago. Thanks! meanestmotherof6@yahoo.com

Karen said...

I would love a copy of the cookie images too!

Anonymous said...

I would really appreciate if you sent me the cookie spinner and images, angela_ditullio@hotmail.com
Thank you for your post!

Jennifer said...

I would love a copy of the twister files for our Daisy / Brownie Rally meeting if you still have them.
Thanks so much!!

Jennifer
Minnesota

Unknown said...

Would I be able to get a copy of your twister file. Please send to khermans@midco.net. Thank you
,

Amanda Smittle said...

Hello! I love this, anyway I can get a copy of the twister game as well? amanda_smittle@hotmail.com
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of the cookie twister. My Brownies are doing the Making Games badge and this would be perfect.

I can be reached at Alysmom06@yahoo.com

Thanks

Michelle

Anonymous said...

for some reason it wont let me email you so was wondering if you could email me the lbb twister game to Grud_serena@yahoo.com thank you.

Unknown said...

i would really appreciate a copy of the twister file. Tata1432@aol.com

Unknown said...

Please send me file to print for our meeting today at adrianne.jouet@invitae.com

thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would really appreciate a copy of the twister game to play with my brownie troop. Thank you so much.

hfs105@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

This is really cool. I would also really appreciate getting the JPEGs for this cookie twister game if you still have them. My daughter is just starting out as a Daisy and this is so adorable! truther1@alumni.nd.edu Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

If you still have the cookie pic files, would love them too! aperich23@gmail.com

Unknown said...

looking for the cookie twister printable file. Thanks!
garden_guru@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to use/print your cookie twister game and spinner. If you could share that I would appreciate it! Troop77502@gmail.com. Thanks!