Saturday, September 12, 2009

A visit with Elmo

This morning we stopped by a toy store to see Elmo. It was actually an Elmo impostor, but we weren't expecting the "real" Elmo. ;) Lauren was checking him out while in line, but when he put his arms out for her she wanted to run the other way. Baba scooped her up for a quick photo op and once she sat down on his lap next to Elmo, she went in for a kiss. I guess he wasn't quite as scary in the safety of Baba's lap.



She loved Elmo's Restaurant (the toy on the page above). It's kind of like a kitchen, but with a register to ring up the food sales. I'm going to start shopping for a kitchen for Christmas...she would love that. Does anyone have one they really like? I'd love to hear about it.

4 comments:

Diane and John said...

Julia is so jealous....she Loves Elmo and gets so excited seeing him. I would love to get Julia a play kitchen as well..she loves to imitate what I do in the kitchen

Kim said...

HOW FUN...
Love the pages..
Have a great week..
Hugs..

frogglet said...

What a fun day! Lauren is the perfect age for a kitchen good luck finding just the right one.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Donna,
Our daughter LOVES her play kitchen, and I think it's the most darling one I've come across. Of course, I am partial to pink! (I researched them for her big Christmas gift last year.) It did take DH a few hours to assemble, but he had no trouble. We have limited space and wanted one without a big footprint. Here is the one we bought from Target:
http://tinyurl.com/qj88vj
Jacinda