Saturday, October 16, 2010

Good food and some crafting…

Today I had a few friends over for an impromptu cooking night and the food turned out great. We made a huge antipasto salad with a yummy tomato-based vinaigrette and the Pioneer Women’s baked lemon pasta. Both recipes were fantastic. We’ll be having the leftover pasta with grilled chicken tomorrow night for sure.

IMG_0118IMG_0120

After dinner I got some help on a project for my pumpkin carving party later this month. A box of canning jars from Wally World, candles, candy corn and supplies from around the house…

IMG_0125

…and waala, cuteness for the party tables. What do you think?

IMG_0133

While we were crafting away, Ruby just made herself at home.

IMG_0134

PS...no, we didn't adopt a new furbaby. Ruby is my friend's dog who was over for a visit. Lauren loves to play with her.

6 comments:

Carolin said...

LOVE your new blog header!!!

And the food looks mighty yummy too!

Lindy said...

The antipasto salad looks too pretty to eat!
Who is Ruby?

M3 said...

Oh those are cute!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

Yummmmmmmmmm!!! I am so going to try this one! I am thinking of the meal you made from Pioneer ... the olive bread, shrimp pasta. Oh man I am HUNGRY!

Cute craft.. hi to Ruby's mommy and hugs to Lauren and Joe.

Stephe said...

LOOKS YUMMY! Must try that Baked Lemon Pasta!!! Right after I get a stove! lol (ok, not so funny) and I LOVE the new header!!!!!!

Tonya said...

The food looks delicious, and I LOVE the jars!