I didn’t put together a menu plan this week for Menu Plan Monday, because I’m basically making whatever will help clean out my refrigerator and pantry. They are bursting at the seams and are ready for a total overhaul. Ughh…I hate that!
Last night I made skillet lasagna again since I had leftover ingredients from last week. This recipe is yummy and so simple since everything, including the lasagna noodles, cook in the same large skillet. Also, Lauren loves it and eats every bite. Here’s the recipe…
1 24oz jar of marinara
2 1/2 cups water
8 oz lasagna noodles
1lb Italian sausage or one tube of breakfast sausage
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 oz parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh or dried parsley
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Brown sausage and garlic in a large skillet. Remove and put aside for later.
- Combine sauce and water in the skillet. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Break lasagna noodles into 3rds or smaller and add to skillet. Stir them into sauce, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 16-18 min. or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- While noodles cook, grate parmesan cheese and chop parsley, putting aside 1 tbsp for garnish. Combine all cheeses, 1 tbsp of parsley and pepper.
- When noodles are ready, add sausage back into the skillet and stir. Scoop cheese mixture over noodles, cover and simmer until cheese is melted and heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.